Even though Labor Day in Denver Colorado signals the end to a fabulous summer, it is also the time of year when people from near and far can come to celebrate an important holiday while having a lot of fun. Denver has a reputation for hosting some of the best Labor Day activities in the country so if you want this year to be extraordinary, this is the place to go.
Fun Labor Day Activities
Of all destinations in the United States for Labor Day, Denver is ranked second so you can only imagine the excitement that will greet you.
- A Taste of Colorado – One of the top events is A Taste of Colorado to be held September 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th at the Civic Center Park in the downtown area. Every year, more than 500,000 people gather at this location to enjoy sampling of incredible food from over 50 restaurants from the area. There is also live music performed by well-known bands, a carnival, and for the kids, a special stage that includes puppets, clowns, and magic.
- Taylor Swift – 1989 World Tour – If you are lucky enough to get tickets, you can see Taylor Swift perform live as part of her 1989 World Tour. In Denver, the concert is scheduled for September 5th and 7th at the Pepsi Center.
- Phish – Set for September 4th through 6th at the Dick’s Sporting Goods Park will be one of the hottest jam bands in the world. For three nights, Phish will perform. This band has spent the past 20 years touring, having become famous thanks to Trey Anastasio’s master guitar playing.
- Colorado State Fair – At the Colorado State Fairgrounds the entire family can enjoy non-stop entertainment. This year there will be a huge professional rodeo, art exhibitions, fiesta weekend, livestock and horse shows, country music concerts, parades, and a carnival. The fair starts and September 4th and will end on the 7th.
- Brian Regan – Scheduled for September 5th at the Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre, Regan will perform for thousands of fans. Of all comedians in the country, he is by far one of the most respected.
- First Friday Art Walks – If you appreciate art of different kinds, this is an exceptional event. The art walk will be held on September 4th throughout the various Art Districts of the city. There are plenty of creative people who live in Denver and this is your opportunity to enjoy their skills.
Denver is a large city and during Labor Day weekend, activities are spread out. To get around easier, hiring a chauffeur is an ideal solution. We hope you enjoy our weekly Denver travel tips!Tags: labor day events, Things to Do