With the majestic Rocky Mountains as the backdrop, world-class skiing, gorgeous homes, incredible shopping and dining, and good job opportunities, Denver has become a booming place to live and work. With so much to see and do, the best way to get around often involves hiring a Denver limousine company.
- Denver is nicknamed the “mile high city” because its elevation is exactly 1 mile above sea level.
- The cheeseburger was trademarked by Louis Ballast, owner of the Humpty Dumpty Barrel restaurant.
- Denver’s first permanent structure was a saloon.
- More than 200 different beers are brewed in Denver daily—more than in any other city in the country.
- Due to Denver’s rarified air, a person can hit a golf ball roughly 10 percent farther than at sea level.
- Because its of air and altitude, Denver’salcoholic drinks often feel up to three times more potent, making it easier to get drunk.
- In December of 1968, Led Zeppelin played their first US show in Denver.
- Police at Denver’s Union Station imposed a “no kissing” rule on platforms in 1902, citing that it caused trains to slow down.
- One of the first settlers in Denver, William McGaa, named several downtown streetsWewatta, after his Sioux Indian wife, and Wazee, after his mistress.
- Denver is one of 12 cities in the US to have teams from four major sports, including football (Broncos), baseball (Rockets), basketball (Nuggets), and hockey (Avalanche).
- The National Western Rodeo held in Denver is one of the largest rodeos in the world.
- With more baby boomers than other US city, Denver is called the “Baby Boomer Capital of America.”
- The Colorado state capitol dome is plated with genuine 24K gold.
- Purina rated Denver as the healthiest city in the country for pets.
- With 2,500 acres of natural land and 14,000 acres of mountain parks, Denver has the nation’s largest city park system.
- Currently, there are more marijuana dispensaries in Denver than there are Starbucks coffee shops.
- When viewed from above, the 400,000 pieces of granite used to pave the 16th Street Mall pedestrian walkway look like the skin of a western diamondback rattlesnake.
- Using a private jet, Elvis Presley once flew to Denver and the Colorado Gold Mine Company Steakhouse,to purchase 22 Fool’s Gold Loaf sandwiches, made with peanut butter, grape jellyand bacon,for himself and his friends.
- With 300 days of sunshine a year, Denver is one of the sunniest cities in the country.
- Lending a vacuum cleaner to a neighbor is against the law in Denver.
To learn even more, you can hire a Denver limousine company to take you and your guests around to various sites. For large groups out for a good time, reputable limo companies offer the services of a Mercedes Sprinter as well.Tags: travel tips