While traveling for business, you can anticipate spending a lot of time in meetings, going back and forth to events, and entertaining or dining out. However, you will have some downtime, during which you have the opportunity to read some of the best business books. As imagined, there are hundreds of excellent reads available; here are our best travel tips for the five top reads while you’re on the road:
Top Business Reads
These five books cover an array of topics, giving you much-needed insight into achieving a higher level of success.
- “The Self-Made Billionaire Effect: How Extreme Producers Create Massive Value” – Although this book was first released in December of last year, it remains a top choice. Written by Mitch Cohen and John Sviokla, the book covers interviews and studies of 800 self-made billionaires from around the globe, revealing strategies to meet and exceed goals.
- “The Confidence Code” – Written by Claire Shipman along with Katty Kay, this book discusses the importance of being confident as a business leader. The authors wrote the book specifically for women, but men can benefit as well. Published this past April, the book explains how a lack of confidence can sabotage an entire business and touches on why there are not more women moving into top positions.
- “Uncontainable” – Kip Tindell’s book is a fantastic read. As CEO of the successful Container Store, Tindell shares the seven principles required to achieve sustainable and profitable success. In particular, he focuses on adopting better hiring processes and getting more production from employees.
- “Executive Presence” – Sylvia Ann Hewlett’s book is based on a survey conducted nationwide of college graduates working across a spectrum of sectors and career occupations. The book lays a solid foundation for how an executive should communicate and look. She stresses that by taking a self-development approach to business, the organization as a whole benefits.
- “Daring Greatly” – Written by BrenéBrown, this 2012 publication will resonate with you long after you finish reading it. The book offers powerful advice about facing fears in the business world and being willing to open up to vulnerability. In addition to addressing how to create communication that is expressive and more authentic, Brown explains how this is the key to building trust and lasting business relationships.
Limousine Service Provides More Reading Time
If you typically have an extremely busy schedule when traveling on business, finding time to relax and read is a rarity. However, by hiring a limo company to get you to and from meetings and events, you are given the perfect opportunity for reading and learning how to take your business to the next level.Tags: travel tips