Managing a brick and mortar office while traveling is no easy task. Even if you have done this for years, there are always ways to improve on things. With good decisions, you will be amazed at how easy it is to keep the office running effectively and efficiently while you spend time on the road for business.
Helpful Management Solutions
Whether you’re traveling for days or weeks, it is important to have a good plan in place for staying in touch with the office. Just as you make good decisions for sticking to a budget, such as hiring the services of a Denver limousine company, you need to make appropriate decisions for managing the office.
- Dedicated Staff—Most importantly, your office needs to be run by people that you trust—individuals who are invested in the company and your success. When you havegood managers, you spend less time worrying about things getting done correctly.
- Delegation of Tasks—Delegation of tasks is a part of any successful business. Obviously, delegation would be the responsibility of your managers, but they take delegation from you. Therefore, prior to each trip, sit down with your management team to determine work needing to be done, as well as who should take the lead on different tasks. That way, you have peace of mind that work is being performed at the office, which allows you to focus more on business-related matters while on the road.
- Benefits of Online Tools—Whether you’re waiting on a flight, sitting in the back of a Denver limo, or hanging out in your hotel room, take advantage of online tools for managing your office. For instance, you can hold conference calls using a videoconferencing service, review important documents pulled from the Cloud, or carry on real-time conversations with your management team using a chat service like HipChat or Skype.
- Responder Emails—If you have a smaller office and typically respond to emails within a 24-hour period, it is important to set responder emails. With this, people who send you emails are presented with a message advising them that you are out of the office and unable to respond quickly. Using responder emails, you can direct people to someone else in the office or provide them with information as to when you will be able torespond.
- Use Work Apps—In today’s world of mobile devices, you can accomplish virtually any work using a laptop, smartphone, iPad, or tablet while traveling, just as you do when you’re in the office. The key is to download apps that will allow you to schedule or attend meetings, talk to people in real time, review documents, book dinner, hotel, or Denver limo reservations, and more.
Getting Around in Style
Even when traveling for business, you can enjoy stylish transportation. Using a reputable Denver limousine company means you have the opportunity to arrive in style while spending less than the cost of a rental car.Tags: business travel, executive travel, travel tips