When you travel often on business, the last thing you want to mess with is a lot of luggage. Because of the hassle, many business travelers depend on a single carry-on. Being small, a carry-on has to be packed in a unique manner. Here are our travel tips on how to be a savvy traveler by packing smart.
By learning how to pack a carry-on, you can be off the plane quickly, avoid long waits at baggage claim, and arrive at your destination early. You will be amazed at just how much you can fit in a carry-on just by changing the way it is packed.
- Prior to Packing – Before you put anything in a carry-on, make sure it meets airline standards. For most airlines, the allowance for a carry-on is a total of 45 inches, which equals to a 14 x 9 x 22-inch bag.
- Need versus Want – It is so tempting to take everything that you think you might need as opposed to what you will actually use while traveling. Therefore, make a list of only the items that you really need. For instance, you may want to take your own hairdryer, but there is a strong possibility that your hotel provides one at no charge.
- Inside and Outside – Remember that you have outside zippered compartments as well. In this case, you can place all your toiletries in plastic bags and store them in the exterior compartments, saving room on the inside. This also provides quick and easy access without the interior being disturbed.
- Proper Shoes – Instead of taking several pairs of shoes, choose one for business that goes with every outfit. That way, you will still have room for a pair of lightweight tennis shoes for walking or jogging once at your destination.
- Mix and Match – If you are going on a two- or three-day business trip, consider clothing items that can be mixed and matched. For instance, instead of taking three pairs of slacks or three skirts, you might choose one black or brown item that can be mixed with different shirts or blouses. Something as simple as a belt change will make it appear as if you are wearing different clothes.
- Packing Methods – One of the best ways to get the most out of a carry-on has to do with packing methods. A popular method involves rolling. Instead of folding shirts and blouses, pants, sweaters, and even dresses, roll them. This will save space and prevent the items from wrinkling.
To make your next business trip even easier, consider hiring a limo company such as Signature Transportation. Your chauffeured driver will arrive on time to pick you up, provide professional service, and deliver you to your destination safely. Call us today at 303-649-1211!Tags: travel tips